Concierge medicine is a type of healthcare that delivers personalized care to patients. Patients who choose concierge medicine receive direct access to their physician, which means they don’t have to wait for an appointment. If you’re looking for a more personalized healthcare experience, concierge medicine might be the right choice for you. This type of care gives you direct access to your physician.
Concierge physicians also typically spend more time with their patients than traditional doctors do. This new type of care is growing in popularity, and there are several reasons why people might choose it over traditional care. Let’s take a closer look at some of the pros of choosing concierge medicine.
As patients begin to take control over their healthcare, this trend has become more popular among patients who want an alternative approach to typical primary care physicians (PCP) or family physicians.
With concierge medicine, there are no visits with large waiting rooms full of patients, and long wait times concierge doctors limit the number of clients they see each day so they can offer excellent service and personal attention. The goal is not necessarily better health; it is better healthcare.
The concierge medicine approach is to help people make the choices that will result in a healthier life, and concierge doctors want to be there to guide their patients every step of the way.
Concierge medicine is often defined as a “membership model” for delivering medical care, and concierge services can vary depending on the practitioner’s business model. In this type of practice, each patient has an annual fee (typically $5,000+) for unlimited access to certain services such as telephone consultations or house calls.
This concierge service provides greater convenience than typical PCPs who may only offer short office visits with extended wait times between those visits–generally without much continuity of care once you leave the office.
Concierge Medicine services offer many benefits such as:
- More personal time with each patient, so you can get all of your concerns addressed quickly and completely
- Avoid overbooking appointments with too many patients and rushed visits
- Avoid long wait times in clinic waiting rooms
- Have your healthcare questions answered whenever you want, not just during scheduled appointments
- Get house calls if necessary–concierge doctors will come to your home or business rather than having you travel out to their offices (especially important for those living hours away from medical care); – Have same-day access/visits depending on concierge services
- 24/7 access to your concierge physician via telephone or email
- Ability to refill prescriptions online, if allowed by pharmacy
Concierge medicine is not for everyone, but it can provide benefits not available in other types of primary care. If you are seeking an alternative approach to healthcare, concierge medicine may be the choice for you. Subscribe to our mailing list so we can help you decide what is best for you!
Dr. Ismail Sayeed
Dr. Sayeed is the Medical Director of ViOS, Inc. He is a deeply committed physician entrepreneur & medical blog writer. While building the global infrastructure of the VIOS Clinic, he is dedicated to educate people on the potential of specialist telemedicine for managing chronic diseases.
Read more about him in his author bio